Tues: 10 am - 5 pm
Wed-Thurs: noon - 6 pm
Fri: noon - 5 pm
Sat: 10 am - 1 pm
Closed: Sun & Mon
COVID-19 & The Library
The North Conway Library will be closed until at least May 31st- in alignment with school closings in NH and the Governor's "Stay-at-Home 2.0" order.
During this period we waive all overdue fines and "rental" fees.
Curbside Pickup: Tuesdays & Fridays 1-3 pm
The North Conway Library is able to offer curbside pickup again after careful review of the stay-at-home order issued by Governor Sununu.
Library materials reserved by 3 PM on Mondays and Thursdays will be available for pickup the following day (Tuesday & Friday) between 1-3 PM at the Main Street entrance.
Patrons are asked to use this service only if they are feeling well, then to reserve online, and wear a face mask during curbside pickup, and to keep 6 feet distance to others at all times.
The library asks everybody to follow the stay-at-home order in principle but wants to be able to offer library materials if patrons don’t have internet access at home and/or really need materials to make it through the emergency order.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
To Reserve Books & DVDs & CDs:
- Please reserve via our online catalog. Log in on top right with your library card number & your phone number. Search for the item you want, click on the title, and click "reserve" on top.
- If you don't know what you want, check out "What's New," "What's Hot," (bottom left) or search for "DVD" or "Rental-DVD" (if you want a new movie), or an author or actor you like, etc.
- If you have never used the online catalog and would like some help, please click here.
- Check out our new "Readers' Advisory Feature" in our catalog. It gives you recommendations: "If you like this book, you might also like..." or "similar authors are...."
- If you can't reserve online, please email me your titles or call us at 356-2961 and leave a voice mail. We will do our best to get them ready for the next pickup time.
- Please email me for magazine titles as well (see latest issues below).
- Remember, you have to reserve library materials beforehand; you cannot enter the library to select books. Sorry.
- All items reserved by 3 PM on Mon or Thur will be available for pickup the following day (Tuesday or Friday) between 1-3 PM. You might not receive a confirmation email or phone call as usual- please just show up.
- The reserved items will be put in a plastic bag and labeled with your first name & last name’s initial & your library card number.
- If the weather cooperates, we will put tables outside for pickup from 1-3 PM, otherwise we will have tables in our lobby.
- If lobby pickup, please enter the lobby only 1 person at a time.
- Please keep 6 feet social distance at all times to be safe
Return of Library Materials:
- Please return all library materials when you are done: either at curbside pickup into the available bin or into the book drop on Main St.
- DVDs & CDs also go into the "Book Return" during construction. Please bag and cushion DVDs & CDs if possible.
- Please return only if you and your household have been healthy.
- All returned items will be kept in quarantine for at least 3 days before being carefully disinfected and returned to the collection.
- Returned materials will show up as "checked out" in your account for at least 4 days after you returned them due to the quarantine.
- All items that have been checked out since March 1st are now due on June 2nd - there are no overdue fines!
- Please use curbside pickup ONLY if you and your household feels well.
- We have lifted the cap on number of reserves during this pandemic and you can now reserve as many items as needed. Yes, please stock up on books & DVDs. But, out of courtesy to others, please reserve no more than 10 books per reader and 10 DVDs per family. Thank you.
- All library items that are being shelved and/or checked out have undergone a quarantine period of at least 3 days.
- The State Library has suspended van service and interlibrary loans for the time being.
- We do not charge for rentals or overdues during the pandemic. But we do have a conscience/gratitude jar at the curbside pickup and we do take donations online at any time ("wink")
- For updates on the situation, please keep checking this website.
If you have any concerns or questions, please email me or leave a voice mail at 356-2961.
While we are able to offer these limited services at this point, please bear in mind that we also offer downloadable books (ebooks & audiobooks) and downloadable magazines.
Or, if you would like to do some genealogy research from home, check out our subscription to HeritageQuest Database . Search genealogy records, census information, etc. Please email me for your log-in information (username & password).
Unfortunately, our Ancestry.com subscription is only accessible from library computers...
For updates on the situation, please keep checking this page often!
Reliable sources of information about COVID-19:
CDC: Center for Disease Control; One of my favorite websites for COVID-19 information!
NH DHHS: My other favorite one- specific for NH!
MWV Chamber: Lots of information, especially regarding re-opening
WHO: World Health Organization
COVID-19 Hotline: Questions?: Call 2-1-1 (in NH & ME)
Interactive Map – Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE An interactive web-based dashboard to track COVID-19 in real time. From Johns Hopkins Whiting School of Engineering.
Just For Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus – Kids, this comic is for you. It’s based on a radio story that NPR education reporter Cory Turner did.
Talking with children- Tips for parents, caregivers, and teachers for an Infectious Disease Outbreak
Hand Washing Video- How to wash your hands properly