Tues: 10am - 5pm
Wed-Thurs: noon - 6pm
Fri: noon - 5pm
Sat: 10am - 1pm
Closed Sun & Mon
Events & Programs Year Round
Year-Round: Donations for Annual Book Sale accepted all year long
The North Conway Library has its huge Annual Book Sale on the second weekend of July every year (July 8+9, 2017) and is accepting donations year-round until June 30th. Unlimited donations will be accepted until June 15, then only individual books, no bulk, no boxes full of books. And no books after June 30. Really. Instead, please bring your gently used items by as soon as you can.
If you would like to donate books, audio books on CD, music CDs, or DVDs, please drop them off at the library as soon as possible (!!). Book donations can be dropped off any time when the library is open; please do not leave donations when the library is closed. The library appreciates your support and donations!
The books, audiobooks on CD, music CDs, and DVDs should also be in good, sellable condition. Unfortunately, we cannot accept:
- Reader's Digest Condensed books
- Cassettes (books on tape or music tapes)
- VHS movies
- Damaged or unclean books, including:
- damaged spines
- torn covers & pages
- water damage
- mold, smoke damage
- books written in or marked or highlighted
- smelly books (basement or barn storage)
- Discards from other libraries (other than the North Conway Library)
- Bibles (sorry but they really don't sell)
- Travel guides more than 3 years old
- Computer books more than 3 years old
- Encyclopedias more than 3 years old
- Text books more than 3 years old
- Magazines more than 2 years old, including but not limited to:
- National Geographic
- American Heritage
If you are not sure if your donations are suitable, just give us a call at 356-2961.
Since we are a 501(c)(3) organization, your donation is tax-deductible as allowed by the IRS. Please ask for your donation receipt at drop off.