Tues: 10 am - 5 pm
Wed-Thurs: noon - 6 pm
Fri: noon - 5 pm
Sat: 10 am - 1 pm
Closed Sun & Mon
Events & Programs
DONATIONS for Annual BOOK SALE: What we can take & when...
The North Conway Library has its huge Annual Book Sale on the second weekend of July every year (July 8+9, 2017) and is accepting donations year-round until June 30th. Unlimited donations will be accepted until June 15, then only individual books, no bulk, no boxes full of books. And no books after June 30. Really. Instead, please bring your gently used items by as soon as you can.
If you would like to donate books, audio books on CD, music CDs, or DVDs, please drop them off at the library as soon as possible (!!). Book donations can be dropped off any time when the library is open; please do not leave donations when the library is closed. The library appreciates your support and donations!
The books, audiobooks on CD, music CDs, and DVDs should also be in good, sellable condition. Unfortunately, we cannot accept:
- Damaged or unclean books, including:
- Highlighting, writing
- Water damage
- Smelly books (cigarettes, basement or barn storage)
- Former library books (other than the North Conway Library)
- Reader's Digest- condensed books
- Bibles (sorry, but they really don't sell)
- Travel guides- more than 3 years old
- Computer books- more than 3 years old
- Encyclopedias- more than 3 years old
- Text books- more than 3 years old
- Magazines more than 2 years old, including but not limited to:
- National Geographic
- American Heritage
If you are not sure if your donations are suitable, just give us a call at 356-2961.
If you have more than 1 box, please give us a call.
Since we are a 501(c)(3) organization, your donation is tax-deductible as allowed by the IRS. Please ask for your donation receipt at drop off.