Tues: 10 am - 5 pm
Wed-Thurs: noon - 6 pm
Fri: noon - 5 pm
Sat: 10 am - 1 pm
Closed: Sun & Mon
Local permanent residents and property owners in the following New Hampshire towns are eligible for a free library card: North Conway, Town of Conway (including Conway, Center Conway, South Conway, Kearsarge, Redstone), Intervale, Glen, Bartlett, Jackson, Hale's Location, Hart's Location, Chatham, Albany, Eaton, Madison.
We offer non-resident cards for $20 per year per family.
Please bring a picture ID and a proof of residency (ex. local Driver's License, utility bill, lease, tax bill, etc.). Feel free to download and print a registration form and fill it out in the comfort of your home.
Circulation of Materials
Most materials at the North Conway Public Library are loaned for a period of three weeks:
- Adult Fiction and Non-Fiction
- Children’s Books
- Large Print Books
- Books on CD
The following are loaned for one week:
- Newest Fiction (less than 6 months since publishing)
The following are loaned for two weeks:
- E-readers and tablets (Kindle Fire & E-Readers, NOOK tablets & E-Readers)
"Cut the Carbon" Kill A Watt Energy Meter kits. Each kit includes a Kill-A-Watt electricity usage monitor to estimate energy consumption of electric devices; instructions on the proper use of the Kill A Watt detector; a simple worksheet that allows electricity customers to calculate the energy costs associated with each device in their home. Energy efficiency advice and tips are also included.
Downloadable eBooks and Audio Books are available 24/7.
- Renewals may be made online 24/7 at ncpl.biblionix.com or by phone.
- Overdue charges: 10 cents/day for books (20 cents for Rentals), audios, magazines; DVDs are charged $1 per day.
- Returns: When the library is open, please return everything inside. At other times, please use the book drop (metal drop box) is in back of the building, next to ramp access (not for videos/audios!).There is also a media drop slot for audios and videos in the side door (Mechanic Street entrance).
Materials not owned by the library may be borrowed from other libraries in New Hampshire at no cost.
- Copy machine is available: 10 cents per page.
- Four computers are available for high-speed Internet use, word processing, and research.
- Computer printouts are 20 cents per page.
- We also offer wireless Internet access (unsecured public Wi-Fi hotspot).
- IRS Tax Forms: are available during tax season
- An extensive Historical Reference collection and vertical files are available for in-library use.